We can help you obtain shop establishment registration certificate in easiest way while you concentrate on your core business concern.
Arrange call from our Business Advisor
ABOUT SHOP ESTABLISHMENT REGISTRATION
Meaning of shop
A place where any trade or business is carried and services are rendered to customers. It includes offices or warehouses for the purpose of trade.
Aim of Shop establishment is to govern and improve the working conditions of shop & offices and rights of the workers, like wages, leaves, holidays & work hours, etc.
It is mandatory for all business entities other than factories regulated by the Factories Act, 1948 to register under shopex.
Shop establishment certificate is valid for a certain period. This varies from State to State. The owner shall apply for the renewal after expiry.
According to the Maharashtra Shops and Establishment Act 1948, the shop establishment certificate is known as Gumasta License.
As per the Karnataka Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, 1961, the shop establishment license is referred to as e-Karmik.
KEY BENEFITS OF SHOP ESTABLISHMENT REGISTRATION
The significance of an obtaining Shop Establishment Certificate can never be ignored as it emphasizes on the following aspects:
- Regulation of working hours.
- Prevention of child labour
- Separate regulations regarding employment of female staff.
- Proper guidelines for record-keeping
- Fixed opening and closing time
- Intervals for rest & lunch
- Rules regarding Weekly-offs, working condition and wages
- Important measures such as hygiene & sanitation, lighting and ventilation, safety precautions and hazard management
WHAT IS SHOP ESTABLISHMENT KNOWN AS IN DIFFERENT STATES?
Shop Establishment registration is known by different names in various states. For instance, in Delhi it is known as Delhi Shopex, in Bihar it is known as Trade License, in Maharashtra it is known as Gumasta License, and e-Karmik in Karnataka.